What is chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a primary healthcare profession dedicated to treating, managing and preventing disorders of the neuromuscular skeletal system (bones, joints, muscles and nerves). It is predominantly devoted to spinal care of the neck and low back but patients also seek chiropractors regarding a range of other related conditions such as headaches and migraines. Chiropractors use hands-on manipulation of the spine alongside soft tissue work, therapeutic exercises and lifestyle advice.
Here at the Honor Oak Wellness Rooms, in South East London, we aim to not just help reduce pain but to improve the function of your body. By looking both function and pain we can help give you the specific treatments and tools to help reach your own personal goals. We make sure we consider the patient’s entire physical, emotional and social wellbeing state.
The Royal College of Chiropractors is a great source if you’re looking for articles to support the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic.
The Bronfort Report (February 2010) is another useful source indicating that there is evidence chiropractic care can effectively treat the following conditions:
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Acute / subacute neck pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Acute whiplash - associated disorders
- Shoulder girdle pain / dysfunction adhesive capsulitis
- Tennis elbow - epicondylitis
- Hip osteoarthritis - hip wear and tear
- Knee osteoarthritis - knee wear and tear
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome –
- knee pain caused by tracking problems with the kneecap
- Plantar fasciitis - irritation of connective tissue in the sole of the foot
- Cervicogenic headache - headache caused by structures in the neck
- Cervicogenic dizziness - dizziness caused by structures in the neck
- Extremity joint conditions - problems with the foot, knee, hands, elbow, shoulder etc.