Chiropractors are specialists in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical dysfunction of the spine, joints and muscles. They are referred to as the spine experts and are able to treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions using a range of techniques that best suit you.
The Bronfort Report (February 2010) indicate chiropractic care has evidence to effectively treat the following conditions.
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Acute / subacute neck pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Acute whiplash - associated disorders
- Shoulder girdle pain / dysfunction
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Jaw pain (temporal mandibular joint)
- Tennis elbow - epicondylitis
- Hip osteoarthritis - hip wear and tear
- Knee osteoarthritis - knee wear and tear
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome - knee pain caused by tracking problems with the kneecap
- Plantar fasciitis - irritation of connective tissue in the sole of the foot
- Cervicogenic headache - headache caused by structures in the neck
- Cervicogenic dizziness - dizziness caused by structures in the neck
- Extremity joint conditions - problems with the foot, knee, hands, elbow, shoulder etc.
Our chiropractors treat these conditions by detecting and correcting the dysfunction of the spine with manual adjustments, restoring the normal movements of the joint and the functions of the nerves in the area of pain. This correction is important as the dysfunction of the spine interferes with the nervous system and surrounding muscles and ligaments, creating pain. Small adjustments can therefore make life-changing differences to your long-term pain relief and health.
Pregnancy and chiropractic
Women during pregnancy regularly seek chiropractic care. Common reasons for pregnant mums-to-be visit include:
- Low back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Pubic pain
- Neck pain
- Leg pain
- Chest pain
Our chiropractors utilise gentle and specific techniques to help alleviate pain and discomfort during pregnancy. We aim to release tension and help balance the pelvis and spine allowing the best environment for the baby during development and delivery.
After birth ligaments begin tighten as hormone levels start to return to normal, which increases the chances of misalignment of the spine and pelvis. Gentle adjustments and exercises are used to return the spine and pelvis back to normal working function.
Studies have shown that the addition of chiropractic care to standard obstetric care gives significant benefits regarding low back and pelvic girdle pain. George, et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;208:295.e1-7.
Initial assessment & treatment | £75 Follow up appointment | £40
Please check with your insurance company to see if chiropractic is covered in your policy if you are hoping to claim. Currently, our chiropractor is covered on Aviva insurance & Vitality Health only. We are happy to provide receipts for your insurance companies, but all accounts must be settled immediately with us and then claimed back from your insurer.